Are you willing to know “How Do I Fix The Yellow Light On My Ps4 Controller“?
If yes, then you are at the right place.
The PlayStation 4 is Sony’s top-tier gaming console. On their PS4 console, millions of gamers use the Controller to play video games. But sometimes players have problems with the yellow light blinking. If you are also facing the same problem, then there is no need to worry because you can effortlessly fix it yourself.
This blog will discuss fixing the yellow light on your PS4 Controller.
What is the PS4 Controller’s yellow light?
The Controller is the hardware part of the PS4. Without a controller, it is impossible to play video games on PS4. The player can play various games by using the Controller. While playing, you can see multiple lights, including the yellow lights.
This yellow light appears due to the various bugs. Some of the reasons are –
- In case, if there is any hardware failure
- Some players connect their controllers to other devices, showing the yellow light.
- In case the USB charging is damaged.
5 Best ways to fix the yellow light on my PS4 Controller
The player can check out the problems and try to fix them by themself. Let’s check the five best ways to improve the issues.
Method – 1: Restart the PS4
The best and most basic method is to restart your PS4 console. Sometimes restating the console can solve most of the problems. To continue your PS4 console, follow the below steps.
- Hold down the PS (PlayStation) button on your Controller.
- Next, select the controls.
- To reboot your console, use the PS4 option to restart.
After restarting, check whether the yellow light issue is solved or not.
Method – 2: Check the charging cable and USB cable.
The yellow light is also visible if your charging or USB cable is damaged. So, in this situation, it is a good idea to get a new one and replace it with the damaged one.
Method – 3: Press the PS4 button continuously.
Most players resolve this problem by pressing the PS button for a long time. Let’s check the below steps to fix this issue.
- At the very first, I shut down the PS4.
- Connect the Dual Shock4 Controller and console through the USB cable.
- Now, turn on the video game console.
- Press and hold the power button after seeing the “Press the PS button to use the controller” screen until the second beep.
- Now, turn off your console and then again turn on the console.
- Remove the Dual Shock 4 Controller’s USB cable from the port whenever you see the “Press The PS Button To Use The Controller” screen.
- Start pressing the PS button continuously while re-plugging the USB cable into the port.
Method – 4: Start the PS4 console in safe mode
Another effective and primary method that solves your yellow light problem is to start your PS4 in safe mode. Check the below step to start the PS4 console in safe mode.
- Start while shutting down your PS4.
- Next, press and hold the power button for at least 10 seconds. Release the button at the time when you hear the beep sound twice.
- In the next step, connect the PS4 Controller through the USB cable.
- At last, press the PS button to turn on the PS4 Controller.
Note: Always remember that you can prefer this method only when your PS4 cables work correctly. So, before applying this method, confirm that your PS4 cable and USB are working.
Method – 5: Replace controller battery.
Sometimes a battery can become a huge issue. Replacement of the battery is one of the easiest ways to overcome this problem. Replace the old or damaged battery with a new 2AA battery. If you don’t have a new battery, swap the battery.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs) –
How much is a brand-new PS4 controller?
In sales events, the regular “Jet Black” model can drop from $25 to $30 (or £25 to £30), but it’s more common to find it for $49.99 (or £49.99). In general, similar colors have similar prices. However, the more expensive limited or unusual edition patterns can cost up to $70 or £70.
Why is PlayStation 4 controllers so expensive?
Exceptional Materials. Aluminum and plastic, two premium materials, are used to construct the PS4 Controller. One of the reasons it costs extra is that it is more durable than other controllers available on the market. The PS4 Controller is one of the most crucial gaming equipment available.
Is it possible to find a stolen PS4?
Yes, it is possible to track the stolen PS4. A stolen PlayStation console can discover with the aid of Sony. You’ll need to get your PS4’s MAC address from your router, get in touch with Sony’s customer care, and then have the police officer in charge of your case get in touch with Sony.
How can you check the PS4 Controller’s battery life?
The battery’s charge level is displayed on the screen when you press and hold the PS button. The light bar slowly blinks orange when the system is in rest mode. The light bar goes out after complete charging.
Is a phone charger compatible with charging my PS4 Controller?
When using a phone charger, you can charge a PS4 controller as long as the cord is a Micro USB, frequently found on many cell phones. To avoid damaging your Controller, you must ensure the phone charger you use has an 800ma rating.
PS4 is one of the most popular video games, but sometimes it shows yellow light issues. In this blog, we discuss in detail “How Do I Fix The Yellow Light On My Ps4 Controller“. Apply the most common and intermediate techniques described in this post whenever you and your Controller are having trouble with the Yellow Light.