Are you also looking for Paramount Network vs. Paramount Plus?
Paramount is one of America’s oldest, most famous, and most used cable-based channels. They have been shown in TV serials and shows for almost four decades and have collected a huge audience. Once they understood that people were moving a lot towards streaming platforms, they started their streaming service, Paramount Plus.
They have shown amazing content there that includes CBS Media Ventures and Nickelodeon. The best thing is that they offer content for both kids and adults. If you still have any doubts about the Paramount Network and Paramount Plus. This guide consists of all the essential information that will help you properly understand the difference between them. Let’s begin the guide.
Table of Contents
What is Paramount Network?
Paramount Network is a cable-based TV channel owned by the MTV Entertainment Group unit of Paramount Media Network. But you have to watch the application. You have to contact their cable operators to access their TV channel and subscribe to it to watch it. The Paramount Network company has its headquarters in Los Angeles.
They offer various media content, including lifestyle, wrestling, and movies. Paramount Networks released its original drama, “Yellowstone,” which has immensely impacted the whole genre and attracted a huge audience.
What is Paramount Plus?
Paramount Plus is a streaming service company that streams media content on its online platform. Paramount Global owns it. This streaming platform comprises various famous media networks such as CBS Media Ventures, Paramount Media Networks, and Nickelodeon.
Paramount+ has gained this popularity because of its endless library of content, which gives tough competition to the other streaming services platforms, including Netflix and Amazon Prime. Likewise, the other streaming services platform, Paramount Plus, is also a subscription-based platform, where you have to take a paid membership to watch the content. They offer their services in 10 languages, such as Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian, and much more, along with their default English language.
Paramount Network Vs. Paramount Plus: Main Differences
1. Basic Difference
Paramount Network is a cable-based TV channel service that shows content such as wrestling and lifestyle. You can access Paramount Network TV just by contacting the local cable operator.
Paramount Plus is a streaming service company that offers content on its online streaming platform with a subscription model. The Paramount Network owns these Plus services. This platform consists of content that includes CBS Media Ventures, Nickelodeon, and Paramount Media Network.
Paramount Network allows you to watch live television and broadcasts at $50-$100.
Paramount Plus services start from $4.99/month and can go up to $9.99 if you don’t want any interference from the commercial ads between your entertainment. Additionally, you can also go for the Paramount Plus along with the SHOWTIME access, which would cost you $11.99/month and $14.99/month without ads.
3. TV Shows
Paramount Plus consists of various popular movies and shows in the library. Since it is an online streaming platform that allows you to watch the content at any time. It has the following series which includes:
- Star Trek
- Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan
- Terminator 2: Judgement Day
- The Offer
- Station Eleven
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
Paramount Network consists of various TV shows and serials. It has varieties of famous shows and serials which include:
- Wife Swap
- Battle of The Fittest Couple
- Ink Master: Angels
- Lip Sync Battle
- 68 Whiskey
- It Was Him: The Many Murders of the Ed Edwards
- Bar Rescue
- Ink Master
How Many Plans Does Paramount Offer?
Paramount offers three plans – 1) Paramount+ Essential Plan, 2) Paramount+ Premium Plan, and 3) Paramount Network Plan. Let’s have a look at what is the difference between
- Paramount Plus Essential Plan: It is one of the most basic plans of Paramount. In this plan, you can access all of your favorite shows and movies. Furthermore, you will also get to access their huge library, but you will get a lot of ads in this plan.
- Paramount Plus Premium: This premium plan offers varieties of additional benefits other than those included in the essential plan. In this plan, you can watch live content from CBS and NFL without any advertisements. Moreover, you will be able to have 24/7 live news and visit their local CBS station anytime you want. This plan costs around $9.99/month.
- Paramount Network: It is basically a cable-based channel like the other channels; similarly, you can access these channels. It costs you around $50-$100. This Paramount Network also has an application that allows you to watch TV shows and clips from the broadcast. To access this channel on the application, you need to fulfill the credentials of your TV channel. You can not watch this channel only on the application; you need a cable connection.
Paramount Network Vs. Paramount Plus: Final Summary
Paramount Network was first launched as a cable TV channel and parent company. , Paramount Plus is a child venture launched as a streaming platform. Paramount Plus offers services for $4.99/month, allowing you to watch all of their TV shows and serials. However, you will have the ads between your watching experience, and you must pay $9.99 to avoid those ads.
Paramount Network broadcasts live shows, sports events, and real-time CBS content. But, you can watch all these only on your TV. If you take the Paramount Plus, they will allow you to watch all the original shows, live shows, and such content on any device through their website. Plus, it is very low in price compared to the $50-$100 on the Paramount Network-based TV channel.
To Wrap Up
Paramount is a cable-based streaming platform allowing you to enjoy different content. We hope this article has properly defined the Paramount Network vs. Paramount Plus.