Do you also have a whirlpool dishwasher and looking for how to clean whirlpool dishwasher?
If yes, then you’re at the right place!
In most dishwashers, there is a filter to clean all the dishes. These filters are solely responsible for cleaning all the dishes and debris over them. After cleaning the dishes, many debris and food particles often got stuck in the filter. Thus, it would help if you washed it regularly to keep your dishwasher working all the time effectively.
Thus, this guide consists of 3 super easy steps to clean the dishwasher filter. Follow all the steps mentioned, and you will surely get your dishwater again working as efficiently as it used to.
Let’s start with the signs that your dishwasher should be cleaned!!
Table of Contents
Signs Your Dishwasher Filter Requires Cleaning?
Let’s look at some signs that tell you if your dishwasher requires cleaning.
- If the soil and food particles are visible, you must wash the dishwasher filter.
- You must wash the dishwasher filter if the cleaning performance is not as it used to be or leave the food remnants on the dishes.
- You must wash the filter if you find your dishes gritty and grimy even after cleansing them.
How to Clean Whirlpool Dishwasher in Just 3 Easy Steps?
Let’s have a look at 3 simple steps to clean the whirlpool dishwasher:
Step – 1: Find out and remove your dishwasher filter.
Firstly, you have to open the rack of your dishwasher to reach the bottom of the dishwasher and access its filter. You will find the filter mainly at the back corner of the dishwasher tub or somewhere at the base bottom of the spray arm.
There are so many dishwashers which have two parts: an upper and lower filter assembly. Then, you must rotate the upper filter in the clockwise direction and take it out. Follow up with gently lifting and pulling the power filter so that it can be removed.
Step – 2: Clean your filter
It will help if you run the water flow to clean the filter from excessive soil. While washing the dishwasher, you may need to scrub it with a soft bristle brush and dish soap. It will help you remove all the extra food debris. Please avoid using the wire brush or something complex, as they could damage the filter.
Step – 3: Place the dishwasher in its place
Lastly, it would help if you put it back at the bottom of the dishwasher tub. Place it properly while ensuring it is correctly lined up with the round opening at the bottom. You have to fit the upper filter into the opening on top of the lower filter.
You need to rotate it clockwise to fix it properly. After fixing it, check if it has been seated appropriately. Therefore, before using your dishwasher, you must ensure that both filters are locked properly. Locking both the assemblies then and adequately starting your dishwasher will give you an optimal dishwashing experience.
Why is Cleaning the Dishwasher Important?
If your dishwasher stays clean, it can only help you clean the dishes properly. So many times, food particles are stuck in the dishwasher, creating many issues. Such issues can also stop cleaning your dishwasher. The filter has various responsibilities such as mentioned below:
- It protects the clog in the pump due to any oversized or foreign objects
- It helps in cleaning and clearing the dishwater
- It helps in keeping the fine particles recirculating and does not stick again to the dishes.
All these are the significant actions practiced by the filter. Thus, it is essential to keep it clean and to work correctly.
How Often Should You Clean Your Dishwasher Filter?
If you keep cleaning your dishwasher after every three to six months, then it will provide you with sparkling clean dishes. However, how frequently you should clean your dishwasher still depends upon several factors, including how often you use it, which type of filter you have, and how much debris every appliance consists of.
We have mentioned various conditions below, follow them and find out how regularly you need to wash your dishwasher filter.
- If you wash the dishes before loading them into the dishwasher, it takes only 14 loads per week. Then you need to clean the filter only once every year.
- If you only scrape the dishes before loading, you need to wash them at least twice a year for 1-7 loads and wash them every three months for 8-14 loads per week.
- If you scrape and rinse before loading the disease, it needs to be cleaned once per year for 1-7 loads and twice a year for 8-14 loads per week.
- If you neither scrape nor rinse before loading, it needs to be cleaned every two months for 1-3 loads, once per month for 4-7 loads, once every two weeks for 8-12 loads, and once for 13-14 loads per week.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I clean the inside of my Whirlpool dishwasher?
To effectively clean the dishwasher, you must pour 2 cups of vinegar into the glass measuring cup or dishwasher-safe container. Then, place them upright in the lower rack. Lastly, it would help if you run it at a normal cycle with the dry heat option off to clean the dishwasher properly.
Can you use vinegar to clean Whirlpool dishwasher?
Yes, you can safely use the vinegar to clean the Whirlpool dishwasher. It helps you have an excellent cleaning effect. To clean them, you must use 2 cups of vinegar in a glass or dishwasher-safe measuring cup.
How do I clean non removable filter in the dishwasher?
If you have a non-removable dishwasher, you need to clean the entire machine. To perform cleansing, pour one cup of white vinegar into the dishwasher-safe container and place it at the bottom. Start the device at its hottest setting to clean everything properly. Here, the vinegar will help break down any of the build-ups in the filter.